Make an Early Impact that Lasts a Lifetime
The TOEFL Junior® tests, intended for students ages 11+, provide real insight into your students’ English communication skills to help you make the best decisions and guide them on a path to success. Learn more about how TOEFL Junior scores can help you.
To better meet the expectations of English-language programs worldwide, the TOEFL Junior tests are available in two testing modes and measure a range of skills:
- TOEFL Junior Standard test — a paper-delivered test that measures Reading Comprehension, Listening Comprehension, and Language Form and Meaning. The TOEFL Junior Standard test is currently available in over 50 countries around the world.
- TOEFL Junior Comprehensive test — a computer-delivered test that measures Reading Comprehension, Listening Comprehension, Speaking and Writing. The TOEFL Junior Comprehensive test is being introduced in phases in various locations around the world.
Learn more about both testing modes.
Part of the TOEFL® Family of Assessments
The TOEFL Junior tests are part of the TOEFL® Family of Assessments, which also includes the TOEFL iBT® test and the TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series. Based on the long-standing and trusted heritage of the TOEFL test, the TOEFL Junior tests use the most up-to-date methods for language testing and are fair, reliable and valid for their intended purposes.
Plus, TOEFL Junior scores are mapped to CEFR levels, so as to gauge achievement against an international standard, and give you a more in-depth understanding of your students’ English proficiency levels. Learn more about TOEFL Junior scores.
Preparing your Students for Success
The TOEFL program makes it easier for you to help your students improve their English skills with helpful tools and resources. We offer sample questions for both testing modes to help your students prepare successfully for test day. Plus, students receive Lexile® measures with their TOEFL Junior scores, which makes it easier to select books at the right reading level and improve their English reading proficiency over time. Learn more about Lexile measures and TOEFL Junior sample questions.
How to Use TOEFL Junior® Scores
A Versatile Solution for English Programs
English programs around the world trust the TOEFL Junior® tests to help them with placement decisions and monitoring the progress of their students. Score users include:
- English-language programs
- International schools where the language of instruction is English
- Schools in non-English speaking countries that focus on teaching content through English
Discover the Ways the TOEFL Junior Tests Can Help You
TOEFL Junior scores have multiple uses in English-language classrooms, including:
- Placing students in English-language programs so they are matched with level-appropriate instruction
- Monitoring progress over time to gauge learning and proficiency
- Using “can-do” statements provided on the score report to inform conversations with parents
- Advising students on appropriate book selections based on MetaMetrics®Lexile® measures to improve their reading proficiency
- Mapping student achievement to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for international benchmarking
Learn more about the two testing modes: TOEFL Junior Standard and TOEFL JuniorComprehensive.
Two Testing Modes to Meet the Needs of Programs Around the World
The TOEFL Junior® tests are available in two testing modes: the paper-delivered TOEFL Junior Standard test and the computer-delivered TOEFL JuniorComprehensive test. Each mode measures a different set of English-language skills. Both tests provide reliable administration and scoring, and scores from both testing modes are mapped to CEFR levels. Plus, TOEFL Junior scores are matched to MetaMetrics® Lexile® measures so you can help students choose books at the right reading level to improve their English reading proficiency.
Take a look at the test design to see how you might use them in your program.
TOEFL Junior Standard Test Design
Conveniently offered in paper-delivered format, the TOEFL Junior Standard test is easy and convenient to administer. It is a good choice for institutions and programs looking for flexibility and quick scoring turnaround. It assesses the following skills:
|Sections||Number of Items||Scale Scores||Testing Time|
|Listening Comprehension||42||200–300||40 min|
|Language Form and Meaning||42||200–300||25 min|
|Reading Comprehension||42||200–300||50 min|
|Total||126||600–900||1 hr 55 min|
Preparing For The Test
Handbooks for the TOEFL Junior® Tests
Download a handbook for information on what to do before the test, what to expect on test day, getting ready for the test, score reporting, and policies and guidelines.
Sample Questions for the TOEFL Junior Tests
These sample questions are meant to help you and your students understand the kinds of questions that will be on both testing modes of the TOEFL Junior® test.
For more information about TOEFL Junior test, click here
To reserves seats for TOEFL Junior test click here